Calling Developers!
We are reenergizing our code contribution process! Learn More

What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

🧠 We can use *underscore* to help readability on large numbers *since PHP 7.4*, eg: `12_000_00

Options
Chemaclass
Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

🧠 We can use underscore to help readability on large numbers since PHP 7.4, eg: 12_000_000_000
https://stitcher.io/blog/new-in-php-74#numeric-literal-separator-rfc
What do you think? Have you already use it?

Comments

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Technical Lead @ Löffelhardt Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

not yet used, but interessant!

• U02P7B6K2LC
    U02P7B6K2LC Posts: 121 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

Interesting but I’m trying to think of a time where I use large number ‘in code’… I can see how storing large numbers is necessary and common… but to actually have those numbers in code? Not so sure.

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Technical Lead @ Löffelhardt Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

for example to define a constant like MAX_INT_VALUE or something similar...

• Chemaclass
    Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

An example where we’re using raw big numbers is to define a range of allowed payment amount for a concrete payment method.

• UM53ZHLTF
    UM53ZHLTF Posts: 43 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

We actually use it quite a lot in Spryker. Its very handy for all of the cent values and make them human readably in the editor