Calling Developers!
We are reenergizing our code contribution process! Learn More

What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

🧠 *TIL:* you can ignore the case-sensitive in your auto completion _terminal files/folders_ if

Options
Chemaclass
Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

🧠 TIL: you can ignore the case-sensitive in your auto completion terminal files/folders if you add this in your ~/.inputrc

set completion-ignore-case On

Comments

• U01A5ARAXP0
    U01A5ARAXP0 Posts: 119 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

so the idea is if you have a folder called Data and you write da (lowercase) in the terminal, hitting tab will autocomplete Data? And what happens in ambiguous cases? It gives both options or fallbacks to the corresponding case match?

• Chemaclass
    Options

Yes, @U01A5ARAXP0, cd da will autocomplete to cd Data/.
    If it’s ambiguous, then you will see all posible options below (as default behaviour).

• U01A5ARAXP0
    U01A5ARAXP0 Posts: 119 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

thanks for sharing... but now seeing the video I got a little disappointed... you have Data, but the autocomplete will do data... and even the pwd shows the lowercase version, was not expecting that...

• Chemaclass
    Options

Right, me neither… that’s a 👎🏼 for this feature… but overall I like the idea. I will use it for a while 🙂

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Technical Lead @ Löffelhardt Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

it works also for zshrc?

• Chemaclass
    edited January 2023
    Options

Yes, I use https://ohmyz.sh/. Btw, if you want more context/info, check this out https://askubuntu.com/a/87066 (I use macos, so this applies for all *nix systems)