Calling Developers!
We are reenergizing our code contribution process! Learn More

What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Spryker´s discount engine is pretty powerful, but we need a Cart Rule based on payment type

Options
U025CE7KYTD
U025CE7KYTD Posts: 6 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited May 2023 in Business Users

Hi Community,

Spryker´s discount engine is pretty powerful.

What we are missing is a Cart Rule based on payment type. (Grant x% discount if the customer decides to use "pay in advance").

Payment methods are not available as a condition in the spryker demo shop. Or did i simply overlook this?

As this is not a far fetched usecase => did anyone of my fellow spryker users already extended the selection of the available conditions by "payment methods" already and can share his exp with this?

Comments

• U018HL71Y9M
    U018HL71Y9M Posts: 4 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

Hi @U025CE7KYTD,
    we didn't extend the discount engine in this way.
    So i have no experience in this.

• Guido X Jansen
    Guido X Jansen Global Business & Technology Evangelist Sprykee Posts: 418 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)
    Options

You'd need to know for sure that you know the payment method before placing the order though. There's usecases where you don't. But I suppose you can make a rule that if your don't know, you don't apply the discount (if that even applies in your particular store).

• James Hooper
    James Hooper Senior Technical Trainer Sprykee Posts: 67 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)
    edited August 2022
    Options

Out of the box unfortunately you can not do this as the standard journey is that payment methods that a customer chooses are a few steps ahead of the cart, as Guido said above at this stage you would not know what payment method your customer is going to be using.

Now, don’t get me wrong here, I do not know the coding side of Spryker nor am I an architect, but it seems you would want an extra piece of functionality given in the cart that a customer selects payment method before proceeding and then based on that selected payment method it would then recalculate the cart , but you would also have to hook this up to have a data set that you can then use within the back office to set your cart rules.

It may also be worth reaching out to your account manager to see what solutions can be implemented in these use cases

• U025CE7KYTD
    U025CE7KYTD Posts: 6 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

Thank you for your feedback,