Calling Developers!
We are reenergizing our code contribution process! Learn More

What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Backend configurable filters

Options
UPWG9AYH2
UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited May 2023 in Business Users

Hello everybody,
in spryker there are configurable filters in backend. AFAIK these are just usable for reducing the search result (drill down).
Is there also a similar functionality for displaying attributes on a pdp? We thought of adding the type (color, number, custom_type etc) for the specific attribute and let yves render the attribute based on that value.
What capabilities has spryker here?
Best

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice
    Options
  • UPWG9AYH2
    UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

Sorry, maybe I am not precious enough. Ideally we are searching for a way to define what type an attribute is of … afaik at the moment its just possible to define a key and a value.
    For example attr.color as super attribute … for this attribute we want to have a certain color selection widget, but therefore we have to know that the attribute color should be rendered using this special color widget … how could this realized?
    I see in attributes management there are types defined like number, text, etc. … is this the point we have to extend? So adding a type “color”? Is the type already exported to storage so that we can use it in frontend?

• Jeremy Fourna
    Jeremy Fourna Lead Product Manager Sprykee Posts: 130 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

Yes that can be a good solution. Another way is the prefix/suffix the attribute key will the behavior you want to have. But I will prefer to extend the type.