Calling Developers!
We are reenergizing our code contribution process! Learn More

What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi everybody, I have some troubles executing the tests in docker. I have the special configuration f

Options
U03M1GUT848
U03M1GUT848 Posts: 9 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet
edited December 2022 in Docker

Hi everybody, I have some troubles executing the tests in docker. I have the special configuration for testing in a devtest.php file like in the vagrant machine. Now when I run the tests inside docker docker/sdk cli -t -x APPLICATION_ENV=devtest codecept run , all tests working with DB use the same DB that I use for development. That breaks some tests that expect the DB would be empty and fullfill the development DB with data only needed for testing. Someone knows how to configure the deploy.dev.yml file to use the testing mode and that works with a different DB? Thanks in advance

Comments

• U02RP0WD8SE
    U02RP0WD8SE Posts: 14 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet
    edited December 2022
    Options

what about:

export SPRYKER_PROJECT_NAME=devtest
    TESTFILE=deploy.devtest.yml
    cp deploy.dev.yml $TESTFILE
    # rename key 'namespace' in $TESTFILE
    docker/sdk -p $SPRYKER_PROJECT_NAME boot $TESTFILE
    docker/sdk -p $SPRYKER_PROJECT_NAME testing -x APPLICATION_ENV=devtest codecept run

• U03M1GUT848
    Options

Thanks Stephan, I am not sure if I have understood your solution, in your solution do I have to do the boostrap each time I need to change from development to testing? I need a way to work with both at the same time. I am not be able to down/bootstrap/up each time I need to run tests.

• U02RP0WD8SE
    U02RP0WD8SE Posts: 14 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hi Vidal, the core concept of my solution is to have a concurrent deployment of your application stack, database included. This is typically done in a CI scenario on a different machine. But here the idea is to run another deployment on top of your docker engine, shaped by the new 'namespace' of container names. So you would run both deployments first the development stack and second the test stack in parallel. This will have two different sets of applications and services, but with the same code base of your host's filesystem (when booted in development mode) which you can run simultaneously.

• U03M1GUT848
    Options

Thank you so much Stephan, I will try it, but that will consume more resources, and I not sure if all machines of my colleagues has enough memory to run it.