Calling Developers!
We are reenergizing our code contribution process! Learn More

Got feedback about Spryker Documentation? I want to hear from you!

Options
James Hooper
James Hooper Senior Technical Trainer Sprykee Posts: 66 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Helllooooooo Everyone, 

We at Spryker want to hear from you about documentation! 📄

We want to learn more about what documentation means to you, why you use it and what about Spryker documentation you LOVE ❤️ and what you think needs to be shown a little love, care and attention.

If you have a spare 5 minutes, I would be massively appreciative if you could fill out this Google Form to share your feedback about Spryker documentation.

Hit this link, fill out the form and Submit!

Look forward to seeing your feedback.

Comments

• ynnoig
    ynnoig Technical Lead eBusiness Spryker Customer Posts: 8 ✨ - Novice
    Options

Es kommt…

"Autorisierung erforderlich
    Dieses Formular kann nur von Benutzern aus der Organisation des Eigentümers eingesehen werden."

• James Hooper
    Options

@ynnoig , Thank you for raising that, I forgot to untick a box :D you should be able to access it now 😁

• victor.vanherpt
    victor.vanherpt Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 31 ✨ - Novice
    edited April 12
    Options

@James Hooper It's always difficult to comment about those things specifically when the topic comes up, but here's a specific suggestion for search:

I was trying to forward a doc link to a colleague regarding atoms vs molecules vs organisms. If I use the search and type 'organism', I won't get related information, but rather 'typo correction' results:

Now, I know I was talking about atomic frontend, so I searched that, which gets me to the results I wanted

To make the search more helpful in this case, I would have expected to get the #Atomic design result in the Organism search. Now, I know it requires some fine tunning and effort, but I believe this is how search would actually make a difference to me, if it was more "content aware".

This is what I was looking for:

https://docs.spryker.com/docs/dg/dev/frontend-development/202311.0/yves/atomic-frontend/atomic-frontend.html#atomic-design

Now, I know this example is very specific, but I believe lots of search concepts would be benefitted by this improvement, as I wouldn't have to 'browse by titles'. Some fine tuning with weights should make a big improvement.

Also, regarding UX: 'autocorrecting' without providing a way to disable it or doing a 'did you mean X rather than Y' link kind of makes me annoyed most of the time (in all search engines, not just this one).

• victor.vanherpt
    victor.vanherpt Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 31 ✨ - Novice
    edited April 12
    Options

@James Hooper one more thing.
    About poor feature documentation:
    Many times features are not fully described to developers, being a modular system, each of the features should be well described and even data models and structure should be described somehow in the documentation.

Examples should be more frequent and updated, so we know how a feature interacts truly (not just a 'here, you have how you integrate the feature guide' but more about describing how it interfaces with others and its dependencies).

Another specific example (just what I happened to run into recently) would be in the docker/sdk deploy file reference I'd like to know what the Redirect feature does and what is the proper implementation, what are valid rules, etc.
    This is what the doc provides:
    https://docs.spryker.com/docs/dg/dev/sdks/the-docker-sdk/deploy-file/deploy-file-reference.html#groups-applications

If there is description somewhere else, I couldn't find it, and if there is any, a reference here wouldn't hurt.
    This just feels like a straight dump of what I'd get by checking the code, no much additional value.

• James Hooper
    Options

@victor.vanherpt , Thank you so much for this, its super valuable! I will add it to my findings list.

If you have any other search examples that you have come across that would be helpful for me to see if we can tweak the engine for search.