Calling Developers!
We are reenergizing our code contribution process! Learn More

Multistore with Marketplace?

Options
stephan.lo
stephan.lo Spryker Solution Partner, Spryker Technology Partner Posts: 3 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

I've a solution design question:

Let's say I want to build a 'mall' where a buyer can enter different stores, browse their products and put them in her one mall basket. At the end of her journey she checks out at one single place and gets her orders placed in each shop corresponding to the different offers.

So technically speaken I think e.g. at two independent stores with respect to UX, products and fulfillment, but one customer base and one basket.

Can this be realized with the marketplace? Afaik it is not realizable with just multiple stores, right?

Thanx for your thougts!

Best Answer

• Simon Brugger
    Simon Brugger Director Product Sprykee Posts: 15 🏛 - Council (mod)
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good morning @stephan.lo,

That's an interesting thought. So, you're considering a meta-cart that spans multiple stores, correct?

When you mention different stores, are you referring to Spryker stores, or could these be independent stores based on different commerce systems?

I once saw a similar concept when Stylight attempted this for the fashion industry. While they technically achieved it, the challenge lay in coordinating various post-order processes such as:

• Delivery communication and tracking
    • Return management
    • Customer service
    • etc.

In a typical marketplace scenario, you can set the rules and SLAs for all merchants on your marketplace. However, a meta-cart only addresses the order process. You would still have to handle n-independent-orders with n-individual-order conditions.

Answers

• Simon Brugger
    Answer ✓
    Options

Good morning @stephan.lo,

That's an interesting thought. So, you're considering a meta-cart that spans multiple stores, correct?

When you mention different stores, are you referring to Spryker stores, or could these be independent stores based on different commerce systems?

I once saw a similar concept when Stylight attempted this for the fashion industry. While they technically achieved it, the challenge lay in coordinating various post-order processes such as:

• Return management
    • Customer service
    • etc.

In a typical marketplace scenario, you can set the rules and SLAs for all merchants on your marketplace. However, a meta-cart only addresses the order process. You would still have to handle n-independent-orders with n-individual-order conditions.

• stephan.lo
    stephan.lo Spryker Solution Partner, Spryker Technology Partner Posts: 3 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

Yes, this is my scenario:

• multiple Spyryker stores
    • one meta-cart
    • n-independent-orders with n-individual-order conditions

The context is the other way round. There is already

• Return management
    • Customer service
    • etc.

and the question is how to span one basket on top of these shops.

As I understood Marketplace is one option for this goal.

Thank you @Simon Brugger !

• Simon Brugger
    Options

Yes you right.

At this point I would like to make you an introduction to our Marketplace Product Manager Mikhail Ostapenko.
    🙌

• Mikhail Ostapenko
    Mikhail Ostapenko Lead Product Manager @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 2 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

@stephan.lo I just read through your messages in CommerceQuest, and I would suggest the following:

1. Your scenario uses the concept of 'stores'. At Spryker, we usually use the term 'stores' for a related but different purpose (see documentation on multi-store). I can imagine that the 'stores' from your scenario could be different merchants in our marketplace functionality. As an example:

1. Shop/Marketplace: Mall of Berlin

2. Merchant 1: H&M

3. Merchant 2: Rossmann

4. Merchant 3: Adidas

2. Each merchant can have their own products, offers, prices, and stock.

3. Customers in Storefront can see all merchants in one shop/marketplace and add products from different merchants into one shopping cart.

4. Customer will go through a checkout process with all products from different merchants and only has to pay once.

5. Each merchant is only assigned orders with their own products, and they can fulfill their own orders.

6. Each merchant gets their own profile page, and OMS can be merchant-specific.

We also recently released the Enhanced Click & Collect feature, where the customer can choose between delivery and pickup. Maybe it's relevant to your mall case, too.

I hope that it helps you get an overview. I've also included numerous links to our documentation so you can learn more details about each feature.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.