Calling Developers!
We are reenergizing our code contribution process! Learn More

Is Spryker free to use? If not what is the price?

Options
calvin
calvin Posts: 2 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Is Spryker available for free, or does it come with a licensing fee? If there is a cost associated, could you provide information on the pricing model and any additional fees that businesses should be aware of?

Answers

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Lead Spryker Solution Architect / Technical Director Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer
    Options

Spryker is not free, just public source, meaning that you can view the code on github but to run it you need to have a contract with Spryker.Spryker does not only provide the code nowadays, but also the hosting environment along with operations and monitoring in the AWS, called Spryker PaaS.Running Spryker on your own hardware and only paying license fees for the software is something Spryker does not offer anymore.

If there is a cost associated, could you provide information on the pricing model and any additional fees that businesses should be aware of?

There is a basic license fee p.a. for using the software and the cloud infrastructure (PaaS) and a variable part on top depending on your sales volume through the Spryker shop. Then the Staging system adds costs, depending on what package you choose (there are 3 to my knowledge).
    In addition any professional services, like consulting from Spryker directly, using the ACP plattform to integrate 3rd party modules easily, PaaS+ (partially automatic Spryker updates) and many more come with additional fees.As the pricing pretty much depends on your sales volume and the infrastructure that is necessary to support it, the amount of developers working on the shop and a few other factors, please get in contact with the Spryker sales team to get a quote.
    Just be warned, it doesn't come cheap and a quote p.a. > 100k is not unusual.
    There was the possibility to get a discount for young startups, but I'm not sure if this still exists.If you need help you in the process of deciding if Spryker is the right fit for you and if so, implementing your project, feel free to get into direct contact with me (alberto.reyer@smartcommerce.de).

P.s.: Please avoid cross posting on different plattforms. The slack channel is not really used anymore, but I added the same answer there too to increase your chance of seeing it.

• calvin
    calvin Posts: 2 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

Hi Alberto,

Thank you for your great insight and information, very much appreciate it.

I'm pretty new with Spryker, the info that you shared is very helpful.