Calling Developers!
We are reenergizing our code contribution process! Learn More

Setup Spryker B2B shop on window10

Options
mohammed.shamim
mohammed.shamim Posts: 31 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited October 2023 in Spryker Dev Environment

I tried to setup spryker demo shop on window10 system, I run the below command to get started:

• git clone https://github.com/spryker-shop/b2b-demo-shop.git
  • cd b2b-demo-shop
  • git clone https://github.com/spryker/docker-sdk.git
  • docker/sdk bootstrap deploy.dev.yml

On running last command , terminal says "-bash: docker/sdk: No such file or directory". Could someone help me how to setup srpyker demo shop on window10? I m doing it first time on window.

Comments

• mohammed.shamim
    Options

Below is the exact error:

Using deploy.dev.yml

Running generator
    PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Symfony\Component\Yaml\Exception\ParseException: File "/data/deployment/project.yml" does not exist. in /data/vendor/symfony/yaml/Parser.php:54
    Stack trace:
    #0 /data/deploy-file-generator/src/Processor/Executor/PreExecutors/PrepareDeployFileTransferExecutor.php(45): Symfony\Component\Yaml\Parser->parseFile('/data/deploymen...')
    #1 /data/deploy-file-generator/src/Processor/DeployFileProcessor.php(90): DeployFileGenerator\Processor\Executor\PreExecutors\PrepareDeployFileTransferExecutor->execute(Object(DeployFileGenerator\Transfer\DeployFileTransfer))
    #2 /data/deploy-file-generator/src/Processor/DeployFileProcessor.php(38): DeployFileGenerator\Processor\DeployFileProcessor->execute(Array, Object(DeployFileGenerator\Transfer\DeployFileTransfer))
    #3 /data/index.php(1397): DeployFileGenerator\Processor\DeployFileProcessor->process(Object(DeployFileGenerator\Transfer\DeployFileTransfer))
    #4 /data/index.php(19): buildProjectYaml('/data/deploymen...')
    #5 {main}
    thrown in /data/vendor/symfony/yaml/Parser.php on line 54

• Hidran Arias
    Hidran Arias Senior Technical Trainer Sprykee Posts: 71 🏛 - Council (mod)
    edited October 2023
    Options

thw correct command is

git clone https://github.com/spryker/docker-sdk.git --single-branch docker
    otherwise the created folder is docker-sdk and not docker

if you leave the folder the way it is, then you should use docker-sdk/sdk bootstrap deploy.dev.yml

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,016 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)
    edited October 2023
    Options

Heyhey @mohammed.shamim,

I saw this exception some more time in the past. So far it seems that it was solved by the reporter all the time but we rarely got feedback what worked in the end.

Here is a list of things you could try, one after another and test which one may work for you:

1. Restart docker and/or your whole computer
    2. Check if you execute all commands inside the WSL2 (so in the Ubuntu)
    3. Maybe it is a permission problem: https://docs.docker.com/engine/security/rootless/
    4. If it is an older project, update docker-sdk
    5. If you are still using WSL2 or an older version of WSL2, please update to WSL2

Hope one of these ideas will help you. It would be very nice if you could report what helped in the end, if sth was successful :D

All the best,

Florian

• mohammed.shamim
    edited October 2023
    Options

Thanks, I m using WSL2 and I goes ahead after using above suggestion on window, actually used sudo before command but running docker/sdk bootstrap deploy.dev.yml command gives me error like "ERROR [cli-basic 2/10] RUN bash -c 'if [ ${BLACKFIRE_EXTENSION_ENABLED} = 1 ]; then mkdir -p /tmp/blackfire && architecture=$(case $(un 11.1s". please see attached screen shot for detail.

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,016 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)
    Options

Heyhey,

I saw the mysterious problem of not being able to resolve the blackfire host now quite often.

I think I slowly understand the underlying problem. Are you using a VPN?
    It seems that windows + WSL2 + vpn messes up with the network settings :/

Have a look here: https://gist.github.com/machuu/7663aa653828d81efbc2aaad6e3b1431

If you would disable the vpn and restart the WSL2 stuff etc it should work.

Please let us know if this would resolve your latest challenge :)

All the best,

Florian

PS.: I'll move this topic into the Development Environment sub-category

• mohammed.shamim
    Options

Heyhey,

i do't use any vpn. Connected with my home wifi. I struck at it, each time I up the application, its getting halt with the black fire client in docker file. Not sure as for now how to go surpass this.

• fsmeier
    Options

Heyhey,

hmm.. so VPN is out here.

Have you tried pinging or somehow access packages.blackfire.io from your host and from within WSL2?

All the best,

Florian

• mohammed.shamim
    edited October 2023
    Options

Heyhey,

yes, I ping packages.blackfire.io and I did't received packets or reply. but I have internet connnectivity in WSL window.

• fsmeier
    Options

Heyhey,

this seems to be the problem :( This is not directly Spryker related and I can sadly not reproduce it by myself to help you anyway :/ Please try to search through a search engine of your choice for WSL2 and problems related to dns resolving.

Would be cool if you can post here once you found a solution 💪

All the best,

Florian