General | Headless Development | Oryx
I am interessted in your point of view or maybe you have answered them already in context of the new ORYX framework.
I always think the FE should be "stupid" as possible, and all logic should be integrated into GLUE API.
And this automatically answers me these questions:
- caching? ⇒ Spryker Redis (used by GLUE), not a new one
- translations? → Spryker Redis, new feature in GLUE to return them and store them in localstorage (etag)
- routing/url-resolving (+redirects)? ⇒ spryker url-resolver
- dynamic form fields in checkout based on customers cart? ⇒ new feature in GLUE
- step validation in frontend? ⇒ use GLUE checkout-data endpoint
- CMS Integration? → extend or use existing content feature in GLUE to support this CMS
What do you think?
Because in our current project, where we have integrated the GLUE in a nuxt3 application - its a big issue. A FE Dev is building in solutions, that are already solved in backend. But i think much as possible GLUE API solutions should be integrated, to make it easier in FE to build things and to leave the option to extract it into their own spryker packages. Thats what the layered architecture is good at.
But ofc its depending on project requirements to define whats more important:
- decouple FE from Spryker? (they always ask for it, but i wonder why they have bought spryker if they plan to replace it again)
- decouple Spryker from customers business logic? (integrating more and more third party services into spryker backend to reduce development work there).
Since composable FE is a spryker FE, i think it can be used to build up new functionalities for GLUE (+ backoffice) and force a rounded package with BE and FE solutions for a PaaS customer. Without a too strict separation (i.e. translations only in FE, Routing only in FE, request caching only in FE…) of things and too heavy bloated business logics (i.e. validations, customer role checks, net/gross price permissions etc.).
What do you think regarding this six architecture examples at the top, how they should be solved in Composable FE?
- All Categories
- 38 Getting Started & Guidelines
- 7 Getting Started in the Community
- 8 Additional Resources
- 7 Community Ideas and Feedback
- 33 Spryker News
- 549 Developer Corner
- 420 Spryker Development
- 54 Spryker Dev Environment
- 284 Spryker Releases
- 30 Propel ORM
- 46 Community Projects
- 6 Gacela Project
- 3 PHP Bridge
- 21 Hackathon
- 3.2K 📜 Slack Archives
- 115 Academy
- 5 Business Users
- 370 Docker
- 551 Slack General
- 2K Help
- 75 Knowledge Sharing
- 6 Random
- 4 Code Testing
- 23 Product & Business Questions
- 44 Spryker Safari Questions
- 36 The Blackhole