Calling Developers!
We are reenergizing our code contribution process! Learn More

Community tip: Optimizing your notifications

Options
Lauren Kulwicki
Lauren Kulwicki (ex) Senior Community Manager Posts: 196 🪐 - Explorer

Hey everyone, something that really helped me is setting up my notifications and personalizing it to suit my needs, so today I'm gonna show you how to do the same.

📌 I highly recommend setting up email notifications!

You can personalize your notifications in a few ways. Just click on this quick video tutorial for help:

If you're more the reading-type, here's a quick summary:

Follow categories

Click on the category you want to follow ➡️ Click the "bell" icon ➡️ set up your notifications. You'll now be notified when someone writes here!

Set up notifications for other actions

Go to your profile ➡️ Click the pink "Edit Profile" button (drop-down) ➡️ Click "Edit Profile" ➡️ Notification Preferences (right sidebar).

You can mark both platform notifications + email notifications to be notified about things like new comments on your posts, when you’re mentioned, new comments on posts you participated in, etc.

Followed Content

Go to your profile ➡️ Click the pink "Edit Profile" button (drop-down) ➡️ Click "Edit Profile" ➡️ Followed Content (right sidebar).

Use “followed content” for an overview of all categories you are following. You can also stop following a category here if you like.

Just wanted to share with you too, in case it helps you to keep an eye on the space(s) you are interested in :) If you have any questions, comment here!

Tagged: