Calling Developers!
We are reenergizing our code contribution process! Learn More

What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Is there a “spryker” way to generate orders for local environment?

Options
U03FNK5A87J
U03FNK5A87J Posts: 26 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Is there a “spryker” way to generate orders for local environment?

Comments

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Lead Spryker Solution Architect / Technical Director Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer
    Options

Do a checkout 😉

• U03FNK5A87J
    Options

I don’t want to do it over and over again. And I want to test thinks with glue and orders.

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Lead Spryker Solution Architect / Technical Director Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer
    Options

There is no tool provided out of the box to generate a certain amount of orders.
    You can write a SQL script to fill the spy_sales_order_* tables with the correct data, but this pretty much depends on your project and product structures, so it's pretty hard to give a general advice on this

• U03FNK5A87J
    Options

😞

Ok will code it myself.

• U01LKKBK97T
    U01LKKBK97T Posts: 287 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

I've done that a few weeks ago. Needed a bulk of orders to measure OMS processing time for the sake of optimization.

I ended up using https://gatling.io/open-source/ to create me a scala script which calls the shop urls needed to
    • add product(s) to cart
    • check out that cart
    • log out the customer
    in order, until I'm having enough orders.

Does that help?

• U01LKKBK97T
    edited May 2023
    Options

By "shop urls" I mean your Glue endpoints, of course.

• U01LKKBK97T
    Options

If you need bulk orders, then something like gatling might be helpful.

If all you want to do is test your Glue endpoints with single orders, then I'd suggest to write proper endpoint tests the Spryker way.

• U018XELUZS9
    U018XELUZS9 Posts: 167 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    Options

You can also create a Postman collection for that and run it each time you need an order. We have one in place and we also use the “environments” feature of postman, which allows us to use the same collection to create orders locally or on our staging environment. You can do the same with http-files inside PhpStorm