What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello, one question regarding deploy file reference. In

Options
USZ0XG6SK
USZ0XG6SK Posts: 111 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hello,
one question regarding deploy file reference.
In https://documentation.spryker.com/v3/docs/en/deploy-file-reference-version-1-201907 there is no mention of assets and composer keys which are defined in https://github.com/spryker-shop/b2c-demo-shop/blob/master/deploy.yml for example.
Is there any documentation on how should it be used and which options are available?

Comments

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Domain Lead Solution Architecture Sprykee Posts: 519 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    Options

Just to sure: I see your link is a bit different from what I have found: https://documentation.spryker.com/docs/deploy-file-reference-10

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Domain Lead Solution Architecture Sprykee Posts: 519 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    Options

we do aware of this issue that sometimes you can arrive at the older version of the article. For now if you see a β€œversion” in the URL - try to find this article via the search, there might be more actual version

• USZ0XG6SK
    edited October 2020
    Options

Thank you for the info. I see that, when following your link, composer section is present, but still i am missing the assets section

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Options

might be missing for now, true! Do you have maybe a concrete question, so that someone could help you even before the doc will be released?

• USZ0XG6SK
    Options

we noticed that development mode is used during the build process on our production environment. This is leading to assets not being built for production env (no versioning for example because production config was not used). We investigated it a bit and found out that there is additional assets section in deploy.yml so now i am wondering if this will solve the problem we have. Also what does

compression:
            gzip:
                static: true
                level: 5

mean? Should we keep it like this or can it be left out. Does it have any impact on built assets and how they should be included in the project?

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Options
  • sprymiker
    sprymiker Cloud Platform Architect Sprykee Posts: 781 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    Options

Documentation is still WIP.

• sprymiker
    sprymiker Cloud Platform Architect Sprykee Posts: 781 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited October 2020
    Options

assets: section is responsible for 2 things:

β€’ Building assets
    β€’ Frontend image
    If you use docker/sdk frontend image, assets: compression: will impact on nginx rules. If you do not use you can skip or neither leave the section.