Calling Developers!
We are reenergizing our code contribution process! Learn More

What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi πŸ™‚ I'm currently in the midst of the docker setup of the b2c demo shop and e

Options
U03D9KKPK2T
U03D9KKPK2T Posts: 29 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi πŸ™‚
I'm currently in the midst of the docker setup of the b2c demo shop and elastic is not responding anymore.
This always seems to happen some minutes after starting the cluster (I have stop && boot && trouble && up'ed many times by now).
Also 90% of the time it won't turn healthy at all after docker/sdk up and will only start after stop && up again.

The logs seem uneventful to me but maybe there's something in there I overlooked: http://ix.io/3XGt
Other information: I'm on MacOS, M1 chip. For the setup to run at all I did the following changes:
β€’ rabbitmq version pinned to 3.9
β€’ redis version pinned to 6.0 (had to copy paste the 5.0 template to docker/generator/src/templates/service/redis/6.0/redis.yml.twig
β€’ jenkins version pinned to 2.324

Comments

• USZ0XG6SK
    USZ0XG6SK Posts: 111 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    Options

How much resources (CPU, RAM) did you allocate for docker?

• U03D9KKPK2T
    Options

4 CPUs
    6 GB Memory
    2 GB Swap
    64 GB Disk

• USZ0XG6SK
    Options

6GB memory might be too little. Try allocating more (at least double of current value).

• U03D9KKPK2T
    edited May 2022
    Options

12 might be too much as I only have 16GB in total but let me try some more memory

• U03D9KKPK2T
    edited May 2022
    Options

well that actually worked. thanks!
    Product Detail Pages are still 404'ed but that's a topic for monday I guess πŸ˜…

• USZ0XG6SK
    Options

πŸ‘

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,016 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)
    edited May 2022
    Options

Keep us updated pls πŸ™‚ - will try to look in here today

• U03D9KKPK2T
    Options

Nothing new for the 404 on product detail pages yet.
    The ES is filled with products after console demo-data ran through without problems.
    Still when I try to access one of the products via the search-result-data: url key, I get a 404.

Tried to look into the routing but can't find anything related to ProductDetail in RouterDependencyProvider and I feel there should be an entry πŸ˜…
    Not sure though since I don't believe spryker would just forget to integrate the product detail pages for the newest demo shop.

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,016 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)
    Options

can you try docker/sdk reset again?

• U03D9KKPK2T
    Options

Tried again, waited for queues to empty and still the same error.
    Couldn't find any leads in the logs as well.

• USZ0XG6SK
    Options

Usually when you see the product on PCP and PDP is throwing 404, means that there is a mismatch between ES and Redis (Product data is in ES but not in Redis).

• fsmeier
    Options

i still have the feeling that it could be due to not properly deleted data.
    Maybe wipe it completely?

1. docker/sdk down
    2. cd ..
    3. docker system prune -a && docker system prune --volumes
    4. rm -Rf my-folder
    5. mutagen sync list (it should be empty)
      bootstrap with deploy.dev.yml and docker/sdk up --build --assets --data
  • U03D9KKPK2T
    edited May 2022
    Options

@USZ0XG6SK well I did look into ES and found a product_abstract entry in the index and the url was also inside of redis:kv:url
    still 404 on this particular product url

• USZ0XG6SK
    Options

If you have multi-store, you need to check that the entries are there for correct store as well

• USZ0XG6SK
    Options

but try clean install

• U03D9KKPK2T
    Options

Maybe these problems also arose due to redis update to v6 while the demo shop usually uses v5?

• fsmeier
    Options

could be - as far as i remember redis v5 is not needed for m1, right?

• U03D9KKPK2T
    Options

Not 100% sure what the problem was with that but I changed it because it didn't run properly. Iirc it was something like qemu: uncaught target signal 11 (Segmentation fault) - core dumped
    Let me try with 5.0 again though on the complete reset.

• U03D9KKPK2T
    Options

Well the reset brought back old errors like elastic not starting (container unhealthy). Fixing this using bootstrap.system_call_filter: false still has problem with timeouts, also yves times out now.

• fsmeier
    Options

do you have the normal m1 or something like m1 pro?

• fsmeier
    Options

what is the exact exception?

• fsmeier
    Options

you should stay with the ES version 5 - because there i have at least confirmation that it worked for several others with m1 - we just need to find what is different on your system

• fsmeier
    Options

what is your current branch and commit-hash?

• U03D9KKPK2T
    edited May 2022
    Options

normal Apple M1 in a Macbook Pro 13" 2020

[zed-backoffice] [backoffice_eu] - [16-May-2022 15:34:28] WARNING: [pool worker] child 12, script '/data/public/Backoffice/index.php' (request: "GET /index.php?documentId=product_abstract%3Ade%3Aen_us%3A72&index=spryker_b2c_dev_de_page") execution timed out (62.402105 sec), terminating
    [services] [database] - 2022-05-16 15:34:28 1011 [Warning] Aborted connection 1011 to db: 'eu-docker' user: 'spryker' host: '172.21.0.23' (Got an error reading communication packets)

I'm on master (8d940dff2) but my changes are the following:

diff --git a/deploy.dev.yml b/deploy.dev.yml
    index e6263864d..7598e3b3b 100644
    --- a/deploy.dev.yml
    +++ b/deploy.dev.yml
    @@ -159,6 +159,7 @@ services:
                     protocol: tcp
         broker:
             engine: rabbitmq
    +        version: '3.9'
             api:
                 username: "spryker"
                 password: "secret"
    @@ -181,6 +182,7 @@ services:
                     protocol: tcp
         scheduler:
             engine: jenkins
    +        version: '2.324'
             endpoints:
                 scheduler.spryker.local:
         mail_catcher:

in docker:

diff --git a/context/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml b/context/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml
    index 7df294d..6f3d074 100644
    --- a/context/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml
    +++ b/context/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml
    @@ -1,3 +1,6 @@
    +# Bootstrap ##############################
    +bootstrap.system_call_filter: false
    +
     # Cluster ################################
     cluster.name: "docker-cluster"
     cluster.routing.allocation.disk.threshold_enabled: false

• fsmeier
    Options

Is this the hash from docker? Because i can not find it: https://github.com/spryker/docker-sdk/commits/master

• U03D9KKPK2T
    edited May 2022
    Options

no that was the b2c demo shop
    docker is ee7e4aa
    but somehow the complete reset made it work for the old project directory - so now i'm leaving it be as is for the academy later πŸ™‚
    but now redis 5 and 6 are running simultaneously, not sure that's got to do with anything though

• fsmeier
    Options

in one of my projects i had to update from ES5 to ES6 - whenever i changed to different projects i had to kill the images and containers completely to make it work. Seems like some leftovers in the background if you have version-jumps