Calling Developers!
We are reenergizing our code contribution process! Learn More

What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello Team, I am new to Spryker and I was following a Spryker Academy tutorial to start creating mod

Options
U042G8F4H40
U042G8F4H40 Posts: 9 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Hello Team,
I am new to Spryker and I was following a Spryker Academy tutorial to start creating module using the command - "console code:generate:module:yves HelloWorld" and this throws the error "Exception: Interface 'Silex\ControllerProviderInterface' not found". I know Silex is deprecated but can anyone confirm if you also get this same error or is it something wrong with my Setup?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,016 โš–๏ธ - Guardians (admin)
    Options

Hey, you are likely following the deprecated bootcamp i guess (?) - This command is not working anymore ๐Ÿ˜• it is know and will not be fixed since these commands will be removed

• U042G8F4H40
    Options

Can you guide me to the updated bootcamp course? I see that they are updating a few courses.

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,016 โš–๏ธ - Guardians (admin)
    Options

for this part there is no update yet - are you running b2c demoshop or b2b?

• U042G8F4H40
    Options

b2c

• fsmeier
    edited September 2022
    Options

ok, this is good - because in b2b spryks (our code generators) are not properly plugged in out of the box. You can do code generation with Spryks: there should also be spryks for module creation

https://docs.spryker.com/docs/sdk/dev/spryks/spryks.html

For example https://docs.spryker.com/docs/scos/dev/glue-api-guides/202108.0/glue-spryks.html

• U042G8F4H40
    Options

But generally we don't need to use these console commands for a new module. Correct? It's just a easy way to get the basic module structure setup. Is that right?

• U042G8F4H40
    Options

And, thanks for the documentations on Spryks.

• fsmeier
    Options

yeah, no need for it. But in the future we want to make the experience that good with the generators (also look into โ€œSpryker SDKโ€) that you will always use them so you dont do โ€œrepeatable workโ€ all the time but focus on the real logic

• fsmeier
    Options

the idea is to make your work easier - but we are still adjusting ๐Ÿ˜‰

• U042G8F4H40
    Options

Yes, that makes sense.

• U042G8F4H40
    Options

๐Ÿ™‚